Assertive Florida DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Your Rights
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer fights for your driving privileges in Lake County and surrounding areas
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of your license, higher insurance premiums, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI in Lake County or anywhere in Central Florida, David F. Allen Attorney at Law LLC, can provide the diligent defense you deserve. Good people can make mistakes and breathalyzers can give false readings. I have the knowledge and tenacity to challenge the evidence against you and pursue the best possible outcome, possibly a diversion program if it is your first offense.
Determined Florida advocate challenges Drunk Driving charges
A law enforcement officer’s quest for an arrest or a prosecutor’s desire for a conviction should never take priority over your right to fair treatment. At David F. Allen Attorney at Law, I may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unlawful charge. I will examine whether law enforcement followed proper protocols in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on “reasonable suspicion” that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels.
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an interrogation to be valid, an officer must inform you of your Miranda rights.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
By challenging these procedures, I will strive to get you the respect and the results you desire.
Knowledgeable counselor provides advice on handling DUI stops
If you are ever pulled over by the police on suspicion of drunk driving, there are several ways you can help yourself:
- Don’t be intimidated — If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Remain calm and be polite.
- Don’t allow a search without a warrant — Any evidence police find in your car can be used to support a DUI conviction.
- The sobriety test – If you know your limit and know that you are impaired, take no tests and ask for your attorney. If you believe you are below the legal limit of .08 BAL, refusing to take a test may make an officer more suspicious and lead to an arrest. If you pass the roadside tests you may not be arrested! The results of a test can always be challenged later.
If you are arrested and charged with impaired driving contact a DUI attorney immediately. David F. Allen Attorney at Law LLC can start working on your defense as soon as you call for help.
Contact an aggressive Florida DUI/DWI defense lawyer
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a strong defense attorney can challenge the charges against you. Call David F. Allen Attorney at Law L.L.C, in Lake County, today at 407-247-8831 to set up a free consultation.